It's 2018!

January 02, 2018
The New Year is finally here and our feeds are full with everyone's yearly reflections, favourite photos of 2017 and those 'New Year, New Me' captions followed by their New Year's resolutions for 2018.
And of course, I am here to do the exact same!


But first i want to address the fact that my last post was almost 2 months ago...what?! Where has the time gone?

So, where was I? Drowning in assignments and revision! 
As week 12 was fastly approaching, I found myself procrastinating revision at every chance I got. Assignment deadlines were getting closer and I was stressing. So I have to admit, thinking of new content for my blog was the last thing on my mind. 

The Christmas time was officially here and the last thing I wanted to do was tear my eyes away from whatever Christmas movie was on the screen to start typing up a blog post.

But here I am now, almost 2 months later, and I have finally got that itch to start typing again. 

I hope all of you had a lovely Christmas and a great New Year's. I had the best time right up until the day after Boxing day, when my body decided it was time for me to get the flu and I am still suffering till this day. Which then meant that I wasn't fit enough to go out on New Year's Eve sadly.



 So now, onto the cringey part....

The New Year has always felt like a fresh start to me. Like refreshing the page, clearing your previous history and starting on a blank page. 
This year however, I didn't want to refresh and start with a blank canvas. 
I am at the stage in my life were I feel extremely happy, so I want things in my life to carry on just how they were in 2017.


2017 to me was a year that finally made me content with my life. Everything was good and going well for me, I got into my course at university, started my blog, my relationship went into it's 3rd year and was going perfect and I was making new friends, and so becoming more confident and happy in myself. 



Obviously, there are some things I would like to work on in 2018 though. We all want to better ourselves, eat better, move more etc, but I also want to improve on my blog and writing skills this year. Blogging is a passion of mine, so I want to make my mark with it.

I also want to make my 2018 as happy and positive as 2017. My mindset in 2017 was the most positive it has ever been, and I want to continue this on throughout not only 2018, but the rest of my life. 



















However, I know that not everyone had such a great 2017, and many are relieved that the year is over. To those, I want to say that things can get better, and I wish for you 2018 to be much better. 


I wish everyone the best 2018 ever, make it the best year ever! 








Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I promise more posts quicker than 2 months this time!

Siobhan McKerr x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.